× Members

PIP Success before Appeal!

More
2 years 11 months ago #259142 by bgregg
PIP Success before Appeal! was created by bgregg
Hi all,

I received a phone call today at 4:45 from a man offering me Enhanced Care and Standard Mobility, great news so I happily accepted! I only submitted my appeal too 2 weeks ago 5 days after receiving my MR decline. All this from loosing my DLA back in January with 0 points. The man even offered me a sincere apology saying ‘We know you are disabled it should not have got this far’. I’m so grateful for this site and the volunteers.
Does anyone know how long till I receive my back pay as I have lost nearly all my premiums.

Kind Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259157 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP Success before Appeal!
Hello Billy,

That is wonderful news! Thank you for posting and sharing this - it is so encouraging to read!

Your back pay should go back so that you do not suffer (financially) from the DWP's incorrect decisions. This should also include back pay on any lost premiums, although you may have to request these.

Well done for fighting on until you got the correct result!

Catherine

tags: @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bgregg

More
2 years 11 months ago #259177 by bgregg
Replied by bgregg on topic PIP Success before Appeal!
Thank you for your earlier comments.

I know I have now won and would encourage anyone to appeal even if they don’t feel confident as miracles can happen! I haven’t had an email from the Tribunal service yet saying my appeal has now closed. Is this normal because I have even logged in and it still says ‘Waiting for DWP response’. If this is the case how long will it take them to close it and also when will I get my back pay please for PIP. I have contacted the other benefits and they said they can’t do it till I have the money in my bank from PIP and in writing too. I hope everything is okay I can’t deal with this stress anymore.

Thank you,
Billy.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259182 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Success before Appeal!
Hi Billy

Congratulations on your award, it does give hope to others. It is easy for us to say don't give up and I fully understand why some claimants do give up due to stress and anxiety. We can only encourage claimants to carry on the fight as over 80% of claimants go on to win their appeal.

We cannot tell you how long it takes as the wheels in motion can at times go very slow. I would contact HMCTS to check that DWP have revised their decision. It is usually quicker by phone to get through to HMCTS than DWP.

Providing you have not gone on to UC then you should get your premiums backdated to the same period as your PIP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #259238 by bgregg
Replied by bgregg on topic PIP Success before Appeal!
Thank you, I got an email at 12 saying my appeal has now ended and the DWP have changed their decision in my favour. How long till I get my back pay and award notice now do you know please? I have tried searching the internet but no one seemed to post anything about it. All this messing around but I’m lucky to get such a high award I guess from 0 points.

Thank you :)

More
2 years 11 months ago #259241 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP Success before Appeal!
Hello Billy,

I am pleased you still enjoying your win!

I have known them take up to a month to organise payments, but it is generally significantly quicker than that. I was just speaking to someone at the DWP who is in the department for paying out appeal decisions and she said that they are pretty busy at the moment.

If not receiving the payment quickly is causing you particular financial stress you can give the DWP a ring and ask them if they will prioritise your case.

Catherine

The following user(s) said Thank You: bgregg

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.