× Members

So frustrating

More
2 years 11 months ago #259172 by Tuliptrees
So frustrating was created by Tuliptrees
I knows it's not part of this forum but has anyone else had issues trying to get in touch with Carers Allowance. I have been writing to them since October last year, seven times in total, and no response. Is it just me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259181 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic So frustrating
If they are like the rest of the DWP, they don't seem to like to commit in writing. They only seem to send standard letters not ones answering your query. Whenever I have done a SAR, there are never copies of any letters I have sent them. I think the best avenue is to ring them and record the call if you can.

More
2 years 11 months ago #259187 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic So frustrating
Hi Margo

I find the best number to contact CA unit is : 0800 731 0297

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 11 months ago #259215 by Tuliptrees
Replied by Tuliptrees on topic So frustrating
Their line is closed. It says to go online and complete a change of circumstances, but I have no need to do that...

More
2 years 11 months ago #259216 by Tuliptrees
Replied by Tuliptrees on topic So frustrating
Recorded messages says line is closed and to use the GOV UK link

More
2 years 11 months ago #259218 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic So frustrating
Hi Margo

I have just dialed CA helpline, it states 'if you cannot go on line then to phone the number between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm Monday to Friday'

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuliptrees

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.