× Members

Underpayment.

More
2 years 10 months ago #259201 by petrocelli
Underpayment. was created by petrocelli
Hi all
Just wondering if anyone else on CB ESA Support Group has noticed a discrepancy in their payment in April, being the first payment of the increased amount.

1 March I received letter telling me that my benefit would increase to £114.10pw from 16 April 2021. On bank statement payment on 22 April 2021 is showing as £227.65 (fortnightly amount), which is neither the old rate nor the supposed new rate! Whilst 55p might be nothing to the DWP, that difference does matter to all of us!

Like most of us, I hate having to contact these people. Which number do I need to ring please?

I'm also itching to find out the date for my next WCA, which in 2019 they told me they could not give me a date. couple that with the fact that a letter I had from them in 2019 was due to change?? I queried that with you guys and was told that it WAS confirming they'd looked at my file and was still in SG, though no mention of SG on letter. I understand also that it could be due to the fact that ESA also is an indefinite timed benefit. My anxiety in asking again is based around the fact that my WCA expiry date was ?Feb/March 2019 and since then I've been in limbo..........because of which I'm afraid that they might look at my file and decide that I needed to be reassessed!!!

Naturally I appreciate that so many others are in similar situations.

All donations of thoughts/comments appreciated.
Kind regards
P:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #259510 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic Underpayment.
Morning. Your last payment will probably be a combination of the ‘old’ and ‘new’ rates.
I would only phone if your next payment is off x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 10 months ago #259877 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic Underpayment.
Thank you Angel

I had just logged on to acknowledge that the penny had finally dropped and I'd realised by looking at the dates that one week was at the old rate and one at the new.

I very much appreciate someone else clarifying for me.

Two years ago DWP said that they couldn't give me a date for my next WCA and that my last one was in 2016...............I've decided not to rock the boat. I did score max points in 2016 on 'change' and wonder whether they've possibly 'parked' me for that reason? Who knows, as what we expect from them and what we get leave a lot to be desired!

I wouldn't have survived my WCAs in 2012 and 2016 without B & W and all involved.
Kind regards P:woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.