× Members

Success on PIP Mandatory Reconsideration ?

More
2 years 10 months ago #260365 by Just Sue
Hi

Just wanted to post a success story on PIP MR ….not only
for myself but my daughter as well. We are chuffed to bits that all the hard work paid off and just want to say a big Thankyou
for all the help and information that was available to us on this site.

I watched the webinar on how to get points awarded for mobility for mental health issues several times so was really disappointed when my medical assessor told me at the beginning of my interview that he would not be discussing anything relating to my PTSD at all…. With the benefit of hindsight I should have just asked for someone else to do the interview but I had spent days preparing so just wanted it over and done with. Big mistake! When the award came back and I got hold of the medical assessment I could see he had decided against awarding me any points at all!! Clearly the decision maker disagreed and just left my award at standard care. I hit an all time low and nearly gave up at that point…. 3 days later I had a stroke. I’m pretty sure the stress caused by all this played a major part in my stroke.

After my recovery I began very slowly over the following weeks to pull all the evidence together for my MR and submitted it. It’s now come back and I have been awarded both enhanced care and mobility. So I’m glad I didn’t just give up.

My daughter has had a similar experience and also now the same result. Once again in her case her mental health had been ignored.

Obviously we are both pleased with the outcome but I can’t help but wonder how many people just give up…I know I nearly did.
I prepared my MR as if it was going to an appeal tribunal. I wanted the DWP to be under no illusion that I was going to give up! So my advice to anyone who finds themselves in the same boat is to take a few days to get over the upset then pick yourself up and fight on. None of us should find ourselves in a position like this but the reality is we do. It’s just plain wrong in so many ways that we are put through this crazy process…. but if you persevere you can win.

Sue
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Gary, bgregg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #260366 by BIS
Hi Poppy0404

Many, many congratulations to you on your successful MR. Only 35% are successful, so you did well, especially after having suffered a stroke. So pleased to hear that you were able to battle through that on top of your other medical conditions to win through.

And congratulations to your daughter too! Two wins is something very special. Very pleased for both of you.

I think you were very wise to prepare an MR as if you were going to an appeal. I know not everyone can do that - but good on both of you for doing so.

Now enjoy a rest!

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Just Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.