× Members

PIP MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION

More
2 years 9 months ago #260513 by BIRDSANGEL
PIP MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION was created by BIRDSANGEL
Hello , had to go through Mandatory reconsideration as my PIP at renewal was lowered to standard in both ,care and mobility . The DWP phoned last week to tell me that they had now decided to upgrade to Enhanced in both daily living needs and mobility . A Letter from my carer and my Dentist helped them to realise how ill I am .I am glad of the result but still disappointed at the years of the award just just another 3 years , I am 65 and my health gets worse not better ,my Husband that has to fill the forms and make the phone calls is 73 , he has asked the DWP TO CONSIDER giving me more years but they said I can go to the Tribunal , I am too ill and cannot cope with all the stress involved . I thank you very much for all the information ,I could not have done it without the help here , YOU ARE THE BEST , much love . To those fighting for your Disability Benefit ,don't give up ,keep fighting for your rights and learn how to use the information here , BEST WISHES .
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, denby, LL26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #260515 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION
Hi BIRDSANGEL

Congratulation on winning your MR -that is great to hear.

I know you are concerned about the length of your review, but when you are next due to be reviewed, because of your age I expect you will be subject to a 'light touch review' and you will be informed of this. Although the DWP have yet to describe exactly what this will mean, we are expecting it to be less onerous.

Three years is one of the common lengths - they are using now and many people have found themselves with shorter award lengths.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.