× Members

PIP Assessment Report Result!!

More
2 years 10 months ago #260519 by Manic_Minotaur
PIP Assessment Report Result!! was created by Manic_Minotaur
Hello Everyone,
I finally got my assessment report through the door today..... And I am made up!!!! Looks like 13 points for Daily Living (enhanced) and 10 points for Mobility (standard), what the assessor has written looks to me to be a fairly accurate summary of everything I said and submitted which is great!
My only question was (and I dont want to seem ungrateful because im truly happy that I even got an award) is with question 11... the assessor has put descriptor E), when I believe F) applies - because I can undertake familiar journeys with support - my claim form detailed this, as did my medical evidence from my CPN, and my evidence from my friends who support me. Is it possible to write to the DM in regards to just this one question.. as everything else on the report is correct, I dont want to rock the boat as it were though and risk having anything else change!

Many many thanks because this is a truly happy day for me - I can finally breathe!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #260536 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Assessment Report Result!!
Hi Manic_Minotaur

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations. Fingers crossed that the decision maker follows the assessors recommendation.

There is a window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

It is always helpful to refer back to your original form and paperwork, do this in your letter as well, for example;

"the assessor does not seem to have taken on board the information I supplied in reply to question X and the medical evidence I supplied in support of this, see page Y of the information attached to my form."

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made. Don't forget to send it by recorded delivery.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 10 months ago #260551 by Manic_Minotaur
Replied by Manic_Minotaur on topic PIP Assessment Report Result!!
Hi Gary,

Thankyou for your reply! When writing this letter do I just address it to ''The Decision Maker'' then obviously attach my NI number etc, and send it to the PIP mail handling site?

Thankyou for the advice RE mentioning Mandatory Reconsideration also, I will be sure to put that into my letter.

Many thanks

More
2 years 10 months ago #260566 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Assessment Report Result!!
Hi Manic_Minatour

Use the address on your last piece of paperwork. And yes, address it to the 'decision-maker, with your name and NI number on it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.