× Members

phone assessment

More
2 years 9 months ago #261270 by keeptrying
phone assessment was created by keeptrying
Hi,
So I have finally heard from the DWP about my PiP assessment.
Submitted forms by March 5th, and have just had a text to say I will have a phone assessment in 2 weeks.
Now have a horrible nervous sinking feeling inside.
I am wondering if my MH support will be able to be with me, but they wont be able to spend hours with me, even if they can come.
Do assessors usually call on time?

I am also concerned because my psych has suggested I could up my meds, but I really struggle with that, which she understands. But could they just discount all my issues because of this? How do I make them understand the obsessing and distress meds cause me?

I hate all this so much as it makes me feel like such a bad, failed, useless person.

Need some love and support, please :(

Also, I still need to contact the LEAP team, as I have not heard from them.
Should I do this now? (assuming I have not 'received' one of their phantom letters already!!!!)
Should I mention the issue at assessment, IF the subject of journeys comes up, which it should? (I dont mean talk about LEAP, but mention that i couldnt appeal the decision last time for * reasons)

*sigh*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261299 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic phone assessment
Hi walker

You now need to prepare yourself for the assessment.

If you have a look at our PIP guide at the link below you will see that there are 9 pages which include advice on telephone assessments. Yes, a lot of the questions are those that would have been asked if you had a face to face assessment.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants

- Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, tick them as you cover them during the assessment.
- have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name, date, time
- make sure you are seated in a comfortable chair, you are going to be there a while and at table to make notes
- if you can't hear or understand what is being asked then ask them to repeat the question
- don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!

Don't forget to contact DWP 48 hours after the assessment and ask for a copy of the assessors report called PA4.

Let us know how you get on..... Good luck :cheer:

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: keeptrying

More
2 years 9 months ago #261320 by denby
Replied by denby on topic phone assessment
Dear walker, I just want to send you some of that love and support, a big virtual hug. One thing you are NOT is any of bad or failed or useless. This is what DWP are happy for you to think as the direct result of their cruel and cruelly inefficient system. [Just take today's announcement of the Gov't continuing to end the £20 uplift as proof]. Claimants who are made to 'feel' 'small' are less of a 'nuisance' by getting a decent justified award. So please do not let them away with it. Every question you have will get attention on here as this is a caring community. Even if sometimes you just need to sound off.
Best regards and another big virtual smile from me,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: keeptrying, Gary

More
2 years 8 months ago #261740 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic phone assessment
if i manage to record my phone assessment, and the person asks me if i am - what do i say?

More
2 years 8 months ago #261787 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic phone assessment
well i guess its a good job she didnt ask that question!

lasted over 1 1/4 hours
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 8 months ago #261791 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic phone assessment
Hi Walker

Glad to hear that it's over. You know you can ring for the report after 48hrs.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: keeptrying

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.