× Members

important to give evidence for onset of illness?

More
2 years 9 months ago #261857 by Chlorinated
If I have conditions which started in say 2008 and then 2013, would it be important to give old diagnoses letters or if possible get the doctor to include onset date in any new letters?

I am thinking yes since they can use it to determine prognosis and longevity of award?

If it is necessary/important what would be the best way to give evidence of onset date?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261867 by BIS
Hi Chlorinated

Only you can decide what paperwork you want to put in for a review. You know that the DWP say that you should not send in previous paperwork and you've had advice in your other post from B&W members who have either sent everything again or feel very strongly that you should send in what you want. You will have to make the decision on this. We can't tell you what you should send. It has to be your choice. Yes old letters show longevity.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 9 months ago #261916 by Angel
Hi.. at my last review I included all ‘onset’ letters. I do think it makes a difference with award length dates… For example… 2 yr awards are usually given the first couple of times, as early on in a diagnosis things can change due to medications kicking in etc..
I would also list past awards, eg. DLA/ PIP/ ESA / AA etc so they know lengths of time that way also (if relevant obvs. If there is anything that doesn’t ‘support’ your case I would leave it out :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.