× Members

Wow! Just wow! :(

More
2 years 9 months ago #261900 by Judy
Wow! Just wow! :( was created by Judy
I really feel I'm being given the run around by the DWP. I have twice asked for my decision letter so I can do an MR and twice I haven't got it :( Last week, for the second time I asked for it and today, Saturday, as is usual for them I get a letter from them in the post. It thanks me for asking for a copy of my PIP statement of entitlement. It gives me a breakdown of my PIP award, which I'd already worked out due to the notes available here.
So it will be two months since I was downgraded, soon to be three and I've still not got an address or any means to do an MR :( It's the decision letter I want and have asked for. So please where do I write and send my MR to please? On Monday I'm going to have to sit on the phone, yet again to request the decision letter. I will be sending my MR by special delivery, or whichever one it is so I have proof they've got it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261928 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Wow! Just wow! :(
Hi Judy

The address to send your MR is the same as on the DWP letter.

Have you got a copy of the assessors report? you need this if you are going to do a MR. The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide, half way down the page for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You can do an out of time MR with good cause, waiting for a decision letter would be good cause. If you do get a decision letter which is showing over one month then argue the reason why.

The best time to contact DWP is first thing in the morning 9:00 am

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.