× Members

PIP form lost in post?

More
2 years 9 months ago #261903 by Kras83
PIP form lost in post? was created by Kras83
Hi. I posted my PIP claim form with additional evidence back on 18/6/21, a week before the due date on the form. I have a receipt from the post office for sending it. When I got home from sending it I had received a letter saying that they were giving me an extra two weeks to get the form back to them as they had not heard from me. Seeing as I had just posted it I just assumed that gave me an extra safe margin for slow postage. Today I received a letter dated 18/07/21 saying that they have looked at my claim and decided that they cannot award me PIP due to me not sending further information on time. Does this mean that my form got lost in the post? I typed my answers etc so have it all backed up on my computer but I'm not sure how to proceed. I had a bit of a mental health crisis after sending the form (triggered by something else) and although recovering I'm still in "fear everything" mode. Any advice on what to do would be hugely appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261904 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP form lost in post?
Hi JonathanT

You say that you have proof of posting, but did you have tracking on it - to check that it had actually been delivered and signed in for at the DWP? If you don't have proof that it arrived at the DWP you or someone else needs to phone on Monday and say that you have proof of posting and see if they will be sympathetic to you sending the information again.

If you have tracking that proves it arrived at the DWP you will obviously still need to phone, but you can play a harder line and say that you're being penalised for it not being processed when you send it back in plenty of time.

If they won't budge, then I would ask to speak to a case-manager and plead your case or you will be forced to put in a new claim.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kras83

More
2 years 9 months ago #261908 by Kras83
Replied by Kras83 on topic PIP form lost in post?
Unfortunately I only have proof that I posted it at the post office, no tracking. Last time I sent a form to the DWP with tracking the staff at the post office were quite unpleasant to me arguing that they weren't supposed to do it and I didn't have the energy for an argument this time around. I just made sure I posted it in plenty of time and asked for proof. Its somewhat ironic that this situation would provide a perfect example of the difficulties encountered with communication and social issues (difficulty standing up for myself/just accepting negative consequences to avoid having to engage with people) and yet could possibly require me to start again. Oh well.

The receipt does show clearly that I posted an item to a specific address (well, a code for an address) and postcode on that date so hopefully it won't be dismissed out of hand. My father is going to telephone on Monday, but I assume I will need to be there to be spoken to for security

More
2 years 9 months ago #261912 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP form lost in post?
Hi Jonathan T

You can send the forms back by recorded delivery, I have done it on many occasions, it you get proof of posting it does not mean that DWP has received the package which is why we recommend claimants getting recorded delivery that way you know when it was delivered and who signed for it.
Yes you have to be there when your father phones to ask if it has been received.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.