× Members

Did not tell DWP when health worsened. Now what?

More
2 years 8 months ago #261919 by Faith
Hi,

I first applied for PIP in 2016 and, since then, my health has deteriorated. My PIP award is now being reviewed so I have to complete the form which asks if anything has changed. I now realise I was supposed to inform the DWP of any changes, when they occurred, but I didn't let them know that my health worsened. If I now tell the DWP, in my review form, that my health has declined, will I get in trouble for failing to report the change sooner?

Any input or advice greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261929 by Gary
Hi Faith

If you health has worsen you will not get into trouble, you only get into trouble if your health has improved and you have not informed the DWP.

All that has happened is that you may have lost out on extra benefits, a lot of people whose condition has worsen do not contact DWP due to the stress and anxiety.

In your review form you need to explain how your condition is now, use our guides to help you.

If you follow the link below it will tell you what you need to know about completing the PIP review.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...ip-award-review-form

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

More
2 years 8 months ago #261934 by Faith
Hi Gary,

Thank you so much for your reassuring reply!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.