Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Legacy benefits uplift judicial hearing latest. 1 month 2 weeks ago #261976

• ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Judicial Review challenge to the failure to uplift legacy benefits will take place. It is listed for a final hearing on 28-29 September 2021.

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

Legacy benefits uplift judicial hearing latest. 1 month 2 weeks ago #262004

Hi,

Should there have been a link in your post which gone wrong?

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Legacy benefits uplift judicial hearing latest. 1 month 2 weeks ago #262019

• ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

Hi,

Should there have been a link in your post which gone wrong?

Catherine

Catherine there was a link, I don't know what has happened. I've highlighted he further information on this case below...

William Ford, solicitor for the Claimants, commented as follows:

“We are pursuing this legal challenge based on the proposition that the pandemic means those dependent upon basic allowances are facing higher basic living costs, and yet despite their very similar circumstances, only some of them receive a Covid-specific uplift to help meet those costs. This unfairness calls for a properly evidenced justification, particularly as almost 2 million disabled people are disproportionately affected by this decision and the pandemic generally. Thus far the Government has failed to provide any objectively verifiable reason for the difference in treatment of people in essentially identical circumstances.”

The final hearing will be held 28-29 September 2021. Further updates will be posted on the website
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Josh, Gary, ccc

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

Legacy benefits uplift judicial hearing latest. 1 month 2 weeks ago #262036

Thank you.. have put it in my diary

• Page:
Moderators: GaryBISCatherine