× Members

Legacy benefits uplift judicial hearing latest.

• ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #261976 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Legacy benefits uplift judicial hearing latest. was created by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Judicial Review challenge to the failure to uplift legacy benefits will take place. It is listed for a final hearing on 28-29 September 2021.

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #262004 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Legacy benefits uplift judicial hearing latest.
Hi,

Should there have been a link in your post which gone wrong?

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #262019 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Legacy benefits uplift judicial hearing latest.

Hi,

Should there have been a link in your post which gone wrong?

Catherine

Catherine there was a link, I don't know what has happened. I've highlighted he further information on this case below...

William Ford, solicitor for the Claimants, commented as follows:

“We are pursuing this legal challenge based on the proposition that the pandemic means those dependent upon basic allowances are facing higher basic living costs, and yet despite their very similar circumstances, only some of them receive a Covid-specific uplift to help meet those costs. This unfairness calls for a properly evidenced justification, particularly as almost 2 million disabled people are disproportionately affected by this decision and the pandemic generally. Thus far the Government has failed to provide any objectively verifiable reason for the difference in treatment of people in essentially identical circumstances.”

The final hearing will be held 28-29 September 2021. Further updates will be posted on the website

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, joshisidhu, Gary, elle

More
2 years 8 months ago #262036 by Angel
Thank you.. have put it in my diary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.