× Members

PIP - Paper Based Review

• glimpy123
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 7 months ago #263845 by glimpy123
PIP - Paper Based Review was created by glimpy123
I sent my PIP review form back about 1.5 weeks ago. I added a letter from my GP requesting a paper based review, stating that a telephone/ face to face assessment would cause me OPD. Today, i received the following text message from DWP

“We’ve received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we’ve made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don’t need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.”

Does this mean that DWP have decided to do a paper based review?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #263850 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP - Paper Based Review
Hi glimpy123,
Yes! I think so. Now is just a case of waiting for the result. Good luck. Don't forget to let us know the outcome.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: glimpy123

More
2 years 7 months ago #263853 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP - Paper Based Review
Hi Glimpy,

I received the same text and mine was a paper-based review. All you need to do for now is ask for a copy of the assessment report.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, glimpy123, Gary

More
2 years 7 months ago #263864 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP - Paper Based Review
Hi Glimpy123, and fyi if you phone for the report, and she/he argues, just thank them, hang up and ask a different call handler till you get a 'yes we will post it out.' Once you have it, check it through with a highlighter pen handy.
If it is all good, good! If not, mark it up and write in ASAP FAO The Decision Maker at DWP coldly itemising all point-losing mistakes, twistings and omissions. This letter could up your award without so much as an MR to be stressed doing - it did for our daughter :)
Best wishes,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, glimpy123, Gary

More
2 years 7 months ago #263874 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic PIP - Paper Based Review
Hi Glimpy,

Yes, Denby's words are wise ones.

Anything that conflicts with anything you have said or written, write down word for word and use quotation marks to highlight the phrase.

Then take it apart and correct it to put the decision maker in the picture.

Not exactly creative writing - but very effective - and it gets your point across making your argument much more solid and therefore more likely to be taken notice of.

All the best,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: glimpy123, denby

• glimpy123
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 7 months ago #263890 by glimpy123
Replied by glimpy123 on topic PIP - Paper Based Review
I’m getting confused. Is not the “written report”, mentioned in the text I received from DWP, the PIP review form I sent in about 1.5 weeks earlier, or is it something different?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.