× Members

UPDATE! Rec'd text saying PIP assessment in 2days

More
2 years 6 months ago #264283 by Raph
Hi Raph

Okay, you have two weeks, which is definitely an improvement. You could still ask your SS enablement Worker to appeal and still ask for a paper-based review - but I have no idea whether that would be successful.

I have also written to the DWP Visiting Office to see what she says. She is on leave until tomorrow, but has texted me me already to say she'll reply then.

Being a DWP member of staff, she has access to the DWP internal mail system, and she has given me her direct email address, which is helpful. I'm wondering if she might be able to submit a request for a paper-based review.

Should you wait for new paperwork? Honestly, you haven't had them since February, are you really likely to get them in a matter of days? I highly doubt it. I think you have 3 choices.

I think I've confused you slightly, sorry BIS. I've been waiting for the referral and the appointments since February. I only had the Psychiatrist's assessment on Monday this week.

He is taking me to next Tuesday's case conference, and my Enablement Worker has already rung the CMHT admin team (thankfully shared with SS in the same building) to ask when it will be typed up for me as it is needed for a benefit application)

1) You can emphasise that you have been waiting for my up-to-date plans and say that the service is overrun and are in the process of sending them or

2) You can ring the medical professionals and social workers and tell them you need the information urgently and the difficulties you have without this information. (I know you're not comfortable ringing - so this may need to be someone else)

I think at least some of this might be in hand at least as my Enablement Worker has asked to be notified when the report(s) are typed up as above. Though I might need to send a follow-up email to the admin team and reinforce that it is urgent

3) You can just go with what you have and see whether they raise the issue of you not having absolutely up-to-date information at the assessment. Some assessors ask - some never do.

Well, they have the three-page Psych report from July, so that is fairly recent...

Do reports from professionals make a difference? Yes, they do but only up to a certain point. Most professionals can't comment on the specific questions in the PIP criteria, because they aren't witnessing it .

I am thinking of writing to several HCPs and Social Care and asking them not only to request a paper-based assessment for me, but also detail what they have witnessed/noticed first-hand.

In the cases of my Enablement Worker and my Social Worker, they have both seen how I live; witnessed it first hand, and their reports are as valid as clinical ones I've been told, as they're more about day-to-day things.

The best reports are those that have a lot of detail where it is at least implied and the claimant can say - I have difficulties with X because of Y as noted in the letter from Dr Z.

I've cited in answer to a few Qs on PIP2 the previous Psych's July report (which IAS/DWP already have in their document bundle), so I hope that will help a little, as he describes my daily living situation in quite some detail. Poor guy, he was only meant to be doing an ADHD meds review, and found himself caught up in an 8am Psychiatric evaluation of my entire life, because I'd been waiting so long for the CMHT referral, and thought... carpe diem.

I also had several friends write pretty detailed descriptions of the specific changes they had witnessed in me in the last 18m. (DWP/IAS have these already)

However, I have helped people get an award for PIP and they had two lines from a GP that confirmed the diagnosis of their condition and nothing else.

Blimey. What a lottery-cum-russian-roulette of a system we're swimming in...

It is awful to say it, but it comes down to a combination of things to get awarded PIP and one is an element of luck which is wrong, but unfortunately true. It is also one of the things that a claimant has absolutely no control over.

So I can't tell you exactly what you should do, you just have to go with what seems right for you and what is possible with the information you have and the people to support you.

If you're having a phone assessment - make sure that you ask for it to be recorded.

BIS

Yep. I already have - twice - once on the PIP2 form under Your Assessment and again on the phone. I honestly wonder if they've taken any notice, as they seem to do wtf they want a lot of the time whatever you write...

Thanks, BIS

Raph.

Awarded UC-LCWRA, and PIP all via paper-based Assessment. PIP: DL (HR); Mob (SR) – Oct 2021. MR for Mob to be raised to HR: Unsuccessful – Mar 2022 Pending: Appealed unsuccessful MR. Now awaiting Tribunal Hearing date – April 2022

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264294 by Gary
Hi Raph

In reply to your last sentence, I would have to agree with you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264907 by Raph
Hi everyone

To my complete surprise, I received an email from the DWP Visiting Officer saying:

"Enhanced Support Service requested to stop your telephone interview and for PIP to make a decision on the evidence they currently hold, they have agreed to this."

So I have been granted a paper-based assessment, without having to get loads of HCP letters to say why they'd recommend it.

Will update when I have news about any decision - which will take up to 8 weeks.

Awarded UC-LCWRA, and PIP all via paper-based Assessment. PIP: DL (HR); Mob (SR) – Oct 2021. MR for Mob to be raised to HR: Unsuccessful – Mar 2022 Pending: Appealed unsuccessful MR. Now awaiting Tribunal Hearing date – April 2022

More
2 years 5 months ago #264913 by BIS
Hi Raph

That is splendid news. I hope you get the outcome that you want.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raph

More
2 years 5 months ago #265434 by Raph
Thanks BIS

Four weeks so far. Let's hope I don't have to wait too much longer...

I'm still waiting for an OT Assessment, four weeks of psychological assessment and an updated Care Plan to come into force. I was hoping to send these on to the DWP, but the CMHT wheels turn inexorably slowly, unfortunately...

Raph

More
2 years 5 months ago #265541 by Raph
Awarded:

PIP Daily Living - Higher rate
PIP Mobility - Standard rate

Backdated to Feb 2021

I probably should double-check all of the PIP descriptors just to be certain, but I think that's accurate, tbh.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.