× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Help

More
2 years 5 months ago #264432 by Tj45
Mandatory Reconsideration Help was created by Tj45
Hello
So I have my report back and have decided that I want to appeal my decision. Can someone just give me a few hints and tips so I dont
A) go over board
B) dont make a fool of myself.
Many thanks Tj.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264440 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Help
Hi Tj45

Have a look at our Guide to PIP Appeals (which also has the guidance regarding Mandatory Reconsiderations). www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip#appeals

Make sure that the emphasis of your letter is on the points where you will score points. If it won't make a difference pointwise - don't labour the point. You can always do a summary paragraph at the end, complaining of other inaccuracies.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264498 by Tj45
Replied by Tj45 on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Help
Hi Bis
So at this stage are you outlining where you think you should of got more points?
For example where if I only scored a 2 and I think I should of scored higher? or is this not the time to be outlining these points going through them one by one and why I believe I should of scored higher?
Many thanks Tj.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264507 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Help
Hi TJ45
You should concentrate on every point where you didn't score as highly as you thought. Sometimes claimants have complaints about the assessor, how they conducted the interview etc - which may be valid points, but making a big thing out of them won't improve a PIP award. The only thing that matters is do you fit the PIP criteria? So go through each question and where you disagree with their assessment - say so and explain why.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264511 by Tj45
Hi BIS
Many thanks I shall do this. I shall print the online form send that asap and get going on this. Migraine permitting haven’t been able too for last few days been in the dark skooting on here where possible.
Thanks again for the valuable advice.
Tj.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264512 by Tj45
Hi BIS
Sorry me again just so I have this correct, you send the online form first to inform DWP you want to complete a MR and then you go through your report and send off your points from the report? Do I have this correct?
Apologies for all the questions my brain fog is so bad lately that I forget words and all kinds so I tend to try and get it straight even though I will read your reply multiple times.
Many thanks
Tj.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.