× Members

PIP Assessment NOT recorded-What can I do?

More
2 years 6 months ago #264533 by Peter
As per the letter I received in Northern Ireland it said that you request for the call to be recorded at the start of the call, which I did NB this might be different for other parts of the UK

I phoned Capita and they said that the phone recording NEVER HAPPENED! Luckily I have my own recording (and I urge people to also do this on at least 2 devices - one as a backup) that shows that I asked the assessor and they said that the assessment was being recorded. I am very angry at this as I would not have consented to the appointment if they had told the truth that it was not being recorded.

I made a complaint with Capita they're now being dealt with over post (wonderful....) I also called the government department dealing with PIP in this country are sending me the report from the assessor so I can check it's accuracy and offered me another appointment which doesn't seem fair at all. I do an assessment against my consent, they mess up and then I have to suffer through the trauma of preparation and the actual assessment again? Seems grossly unfair.

I am considering speaking to a solicitor about this as I deem it to be a massive breach of informed consent as if I hadn't been lied to I wouldn't have done the assessment. Therefore the assessment was against my will. How on earth can I have any faith or trust in the accuracy of the assessment process if I'm literally lied to during the assessment? . I will be raging if Capita offer me a £10 apology voucher or similar as this would be completely inadequate.

What else should I do? I would appreciate any input whatsoever. Thank you for reading.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264570 by BIS
Hi Oak

I think you have already done everything you can do. It's entirely up to you whether you want to take legal action, but I would consider what you want as an end result. The chances of them offering you compensation at a level you will find acceptable is probably unlikely. Only you know whether the extra stress and possible expense is worth it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #264571 by Alea
Hi Oak,
I'm sorry you have had this experience. I hear so many stories of skulduggery when it comes to assessments and it is soul destroying. I hope you get this resolved. If I have a telephone assessment in the future can you give practical advice as to how I can record this? Is there a particular app that you use which is good? Many thanks A

More
2 years 6 months ago #264583 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment NOT recorded-What can I do?
Oak

Just to clarify.

You have no legal right to require the assessment is recorded, the facilities offered are an accommodation with no guarantee offered by the DWP and the NI Dept. of Communities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 6 months ago #264598 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Assessment NOT recorded-What can I do?
\Hi Oak, if I were offered any insultingly low apology money I would go to the papers or local radio and get them to splash the story of what this was given for and how I am giving it to my local Unemployed Workers' Centre or similar. But I don't mind being publicised if it shows them up publicly; I would understand totally if you want your privacy.
best wishes and I hope you can find good legal advice,
Denby

More
2 years 6 months ago #264918 by chilli07
Replied by chilli07 on topic PIP Assessment NOT recorded-What can I do?
WRITE TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE AND LET THEM KNOW HOW DISGUSTED AND UNDER VALUED YOU FEEL. BULLYING IS ONE THING BUT THIS TREATMENT IS SHAMBOLIC. MAKE THE HIGHER ARKIE AWARE THE MORE PEOPLE THAT WRITE TO SECRETARY OF STATE TO COMPLAIN THE SOONER ACTION CAN BE TAKEN AGAINST THE TIN GODS OF THE D W P

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.