× Members

PIP Phone Assessment

More
2 years 5 months ago #264699 by Jennifer
PIP Phone Assessment was created by Jennifer
Just had PIP phone assessment. Not too bad but glad I’d read all of the info on this website. Everything asked was what I knew would be asked. Hopefully this positive! Has anyone had a phone assessment recently and then got a decision?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jo Rose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264709 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Hi Jennifer

Glad your assessment went well. If you want to request a copy of your assessment form you can do so by ring the DWP and asking for your PA4 report. This should be available 48 hours after you have had your assessment. Many decisions are taking 8 weeks to come through (though it could be sooner).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264710 by Jennifer
Replied by Jennifer on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Thanks for that. I don’t know if I want to see what she has written or not. May make me more anxious if she’s not accurately noted what I’ve said. Is the PA4 report just exactly what we’ve said or does it assign what I’ve said to the descriptors and in turn indicate what points could be assigned?

More
2 years 5 months ago #264712 by Heather
Replied by Heather on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Glad yours went well. I’ve mine tomorrow and I’m really nervous. How long did yours take?

More
2 years 5 months ago #264714 by Lynno1981
Replied by Lynno1981 on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Hi Jennifer - My Husband had his assessment on 2 Sept and letter dated 17 Sept to say they had all info to make a decision, so hopefullly it shouldn't be much longer.

Lynno

Lynn

More
2 years 5 months ago #264720 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Hi Jennifer

I fully understand your feelings but the assessors report does give you the heads up before a decision is made.

There is a small window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

With the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker may come to their decision using an inaccurate report.

I usually use a highlighter to highlight any inaccuracies, once you have gone through the report you then set out why you are applying for a MR and go through each descriptor one at a time why you disagree with the assessor and try and match it with any supporting documents you may have sent in.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.