× Members

PIP Phone Assessment

More
2 years 5 months ago #264724 by Jennifer
Replied by Jennifer on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Wow thanks Gary, your reply has made me now want to read the assessors report. I understand about only addressing incorrect information rather than the assessors opinion. I’ll wait till Friday then contact the DWP about the report and will come back to the forum if I need any other help. It’s so nice to have support when you’re at your lowest. Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264725 by Jennifer
Hi Heather mine took an hour and 10 minutes. It was pretty full on but as long as you’re prepared with your paperwork beside you etc it should hopefully be fine. I made sure she knew when I was having to move because of my pain so I think just be honest and clear about how your condition truly affects your day. My assessor was pleasant but made sure she was clear about how I had answered her questions. I’m no expert but hope it all goes well and try to sleep tonight!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Heather

More
2 years 5 months ago #264727 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Hi Jennifer

You are more than welcome, thats is why we are here.

The assessors report can be an eye opening especially when you believe that everything you say at an assessment will be recorded accurately, which quite often is not the case.

I can never understand why, I have seen some shocking assessors reports in my time as a benefit adviser.

If you have any specific questions we will do our best to help.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264734 by Jennifer
Hi Gary can’t believe it I got a text this morning at 8 from DWP to say they’ve received my report! Can I request a copy now or do I have to wait until 48 hours have gone by since assessment?

More
2 years 5 months ago #264744 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Hi Jennifer, I do back everything Gary has said from our experience, it can be totally enraging reading a pack of lies, omissions and twistings. I always recommend making a nice calming cuppa to have at your side before you start! But I am sooo glad I got our daughter's PA4 last time - I wrote in quickly to 'The Decision Maker' at DWP very coldly taking apart all of the flaws that affect points, referring back to the evidence that I sent with her form. I also added an NHS page about painkillers as the assessor had claimed daughter's were only for 'moderate pain' but the NHS page was clear they were for severe pain. Result a mean report turned into an Enhanced x 2 award as before without the stress and hassle of MR and Appeal for the first time ever.
All thanks to B&W!
Hope you can do the same.
Denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #264745 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Phone Assessment
Hi Jennifer

The DWP have confirmed they have the report - so you can ring and request it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.