× Members

Won my MR

More
2 years 6 months ago #264762 by Debbiedryland
Won my MR was created by Debbiedryland
I had to reapply for PIP this year, which I wasn't expecting as I thought I only would have to renew. But I won enhanced on mobility and daily living at Tribunal 3 years ago. So I subscribed to B&W, against the advice of some FB groups, and reapplied. I used your resources and tried to keep everything to point (something I find difficult) and I had a telephone assessment and it sounded like the assessor understood completely. However, despite the assessor admitting in numerous places throughout the assessment that my condition had deteriorated, she used my original assessment as a starting point, which was flawed. She didn't take into account of my award from the Tribunal. I was awarded standard daily living and enhanced mobility, which was slightly higher than my original assessment. I had my original award stripped back from the date of the assessment to the date of the new award. I was devastated. However, I used the guidance here and wrote in "their language" and pointed out that they had admitted at various points throughout that my condition had got worse yet they awarded me a lower award. I briefly pointed out mistakes made by the assessor and responded to their "assumptions" with evidence. I was fully prepared to go to Tribunal when I finally got my MR and they awarded me even more points than I had asked for. Award for 3 years, enhanced on both. I will stay with B&W now to prepare for my renewal because I know that they will try and find a way to prove that my condition has improved! Thank you B&W!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, denby, Gary, LL26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264775 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Won my MR
Hi Drylander

Absolutely delighted to hear that you have been awarded your enhanced PIP award.

We are pleased that you found our guides useful in your MR.

Thank you for your post, it will give encouragement to fellow members not to give up.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP@ MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debbiedryland

More
2 years 6 months ago #264789 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Won my MR
Hi Drylander,
Well done on your award! Excellent news.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #264803 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Won my MR

I had to reapply for PIP this year, which I wasn't expecting as I thought I only would have to renew. But I won enhanced on mobility and daily living at Tribunal 3 years ago. So I subscribed to B&W, against the advice of some FB groups, and reapplied. I used your resources and tried to keep everything to point (something I find difficult) and I had a telephone assessment and it sounded like the assessor understood completely. However, despite the assessor
admitting in numerous places throughout the assessment that my condition had deteriorated, she used my original assessment as a starting point, which was flawed. She didn't take into account of my award from the Tribunal. I was awarded standard daily living and enhanced mobility, which was slightly higher than my original assessment. I had my original award stripped back from the date of the assessment to the date of the new award. I was devastated. However, I used the guidance here and wrote in "their language" and pointed out that they had admitted at various points throughout that my condition had got worse yet they awarded me a lower award. I briefly pointed out mistakes made by the assessor and responded to their "assumptions" with evidence. I was fully prepared to go to Tribunal when I finally got my MR and they awarded me even more points than I had asked for. Award for 3 years, enhanced on both. I will stay with B&W now to prepare for my renewal because I know that they will try and find a way to prove that my condition has improved! Thank you B&W!

Hi Drylander,

Congratulations on your success,

I liked it when you said you wrote the MR 'in their language'. That's something I have done successfully in the past, but could never think of an appropriate phrase to explain it.

It ought to catch on!

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Debbiedryland

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.