× Members

face to face interviews

More
2 years 6 months ago #264891 by Holloway
face to face interviews was created by Holloway
Hi, I had to have a face interview this month at the job centre, and as I result i caught covid from the interviewer. He phoned me on Friday to ask more questions and stated he was working from home, because he had covid. As that was the only place I had visited in two weeks and had not had any contact with anyone else, it is the only place that i could have caught it. I am very upset that me health as been put as risk, i have severe copd 33% lung capacity, and this is on my records at the job centre, and feel that the questions asked at the time could have been carried out on the phone. Question, can I refuse to visit the job centre and insist that all communication is carried out over the phone in the future, considering the circumstances.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264897 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic face to face interviews
Hi Holloway

I'm sorry, you have found yourself in this position. As far as I am aware there is no legal right for you to refuse to attend - but you can ask not to attend and see if it can all be done on the phone.
I am rather alarmed to think that if your interviewer has COVID why you were not automatically contacted, and if it was me - I would be putting in a complaint.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #264983 by Holloway
Replied by Holloway on topic face to face interviews
Hi, thank you for your reply. I will request that further interviews are conducted over the phone an see what they say. I have not had to claim UC before the pandemic as I was told to shield and lost my self employment. I feel under pressure now that they are putting work commitments on me to find work, and feel if I put in a complaint as to why I wasn't contacted, my work coach will make my life more difficult. During the interview where he told me he had covid, I had advised him that I also had covid, and that it must of come from that visit, be he just said, we are not here to discuss our illness!!! and continued to ask what I was doing about looking for work, feel totally perplexed. But thank you again for your response

More
2 years 6 months ago #264992 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic face to face interviews
Hi Holloway

I understand your reluctance not to rock the boat - However, I think you have your answer in the way the coach responded. If they do not allow you to have phone interviews from this point on - you have the opportunity to complain if you want it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holloway

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.