× Members

Totally Shocked.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264930 by Capyboppy
Totally Shocked. was created by Capyboppy
I recently asked for advice on this wonderful forum as my 4 year review was due. I had been confused as I had like others had an extension to next July. After spending 6 weeks filling it in again with the guidance of the member's 'helps' plus the helpful answers from the Mods; I sent the form in Special Delivery to make sure I could track it had got there.

Imagine my shock when receiving a white envelope (not the usual brown one) 2 weeks later regarding my PIP. I had already prepared myself for a 6 week wait for acknowledgment, and up to a further 3-4 months for a decision. I thought at first it was an updated normal letter that had overlapped with the review. After catching sight of the usual wording, "We have looked at your review, etc ' to be stunned to find out I have retained what I was getting (standard care and higher rate mobility). Not only have I retained my PIP, but it has been extended from 4 years to 10 years. As I will be 64 in January, I might not even be around by then :-D. You can't imagine the relief I felt. I had been trying to mentally prepare myself for several months of stress waiting for a decison, with a probable MR and appeal after all the bad stories I have read/heard about.

What I am puzzled about is how/why it was all done so quickly? Only 2 weeks from them receiving the form to the letter being printed with the date on 2 weeks later. Any ideas why after all the waiting the majority have to do? My friend's form went back in July and she hasn't even been acknowledge yet (but she is still getting her PIP).

I sincerely hope others will receive a postive decision in a similar time frame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #264944 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Totally Shocked.
Hi Capyboppy

That really is terrific news, congratulations and well done. Thank you for your post in letting fellow members know your good news.

As they say, DWP can move in mysterious strange ways which at times can be beneficial to claimants.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP@REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capyboppy

More
2 years 6 months ago #264950 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Totally Shocked.
Hi Capyboppy,
Well done on your award. Brilliant news! No idea why it was so quick. As Gary says DWP moves in mysterious ways!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sally-jane, Capyboppy

More
2 years 6 months ago #264952 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Totally Shocked.
Hi Capybobby,

Many congratulations on your success!

May I just add that I can fully understand how shocked you are at the super-quick decision. Not being prepared for something, as daft as it may sound, can be very stressful to process.

I was waiting for over five months before mine was sorted out and I still can't come to terms with it fully. I don't know how I would have coped should mine have been sorted out so quick.

Meanwhile, enjoy the award and try to come to terms with it in your own way.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265030 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic Totally Shocked.
Great news! You will be in shock for a while…..
The same happened to me 3 weeks from them receiving the application to me receiving a reply.
I had worked out all my bills til the rest of the year (this was in April).
Maybe they thought we deserved a break!
Take care.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.