× Members

Medical evidence for an appeal

More
2 years 6 months ago #265274 by Petlover
Medical evidence for an appeal was created by Petlover
My husband’s PIP has now been passed to the appeal tribunal. His renal consultant has sent the most wonderful letter to us, on request, that actually states not only that my husband has stage 4 kidney disease, and that the lithium he takes for his bipolar, along with his diabetes, has likely caused this, but what effect the kidney disease has on his day to day life! I feel like it should be sent to all medics as an example of what to write as medical evidence for DLA, PIP and ESA purposes!
Anyway, I digress. My question is, do all appeals go to tribunal court, or is there a stage before that, where additional evidence that has been subsequently provided, is considered?
Thanks,
Petlover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #265327 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Medical evidence for an appeal
Hi Petlover

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. If you have already been through the Mandatory Reconsideration stage then the next stage is the Tribunal. Sometimes the DWP come back and make an offer before the Tribunal takes place, but this is not a given.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petlover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.