× Members

ESACB Ending 365 day limit

More
2 years 5 months ago #265609 by Fuzzy
ESACB Ending 365 day limit was created by Fuzzy
Hello

I receive ESACB & I’ve had a letter to say it’s ending at the end of November because I’ve reached the 365 day limit. I’m still in the assessment phase & have not had a WCA. They didn’t send me the ESA50 until August, which I returned & have been told it has been received but since then nothing has happened.

Will my claim just close without me having the opportunity to be assessed? It doesn’t seem very fair.

The letter did say if I still send in medical certificates then I would receive National Insurance credits but it didn’t mention anything about the WCA.

It’s very confusing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265656 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESACB Ending 365 day limit
Hi Fuzzy

Have you checked our WCA guides, if you have do you fit the criteria to be placed into LCWRA group.

There was a recent question asked in Parliament about claimants waiting for their assessment, it stated that claimants were going to be prioritised, I would contact DWP and ask the questions. When you say that you receive ESA CB are you talking about New Style ESA?

Usually you should be in the assessment phase for 13 weeks but we know that this can be a lot longer especially since Covid but it was taking much longer for some claimants before Covid.

In regards to your question will my claim close, it would depend on your circumstances, hence my question above asking if you applied for NS ESA.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fuzzy

More
2 years 5 months ago #265660 by Fuzzy
Replied by Fuzzy on topic ESACB Ending 365 day limit
Thank you for your reply Gary.

When I claimed ESA last November I thought it was for New Style ESA but all the letters I’ve received say it’s Contribution Based ESA, so I’m a bit confused which one it is.

The letter I received about it ending also said to consider applying for ESA IR but I thought ESA IR was now UC? I don’t think I’d be able to qualify for it as my partner works full time.

I did use your WCA guides to help me with completing the ESA50. I did think I would satisfy the LCWRA criteria but who knows what DWP would think!

I had hoped even with the delays due to Covid that I would have had an assessment before the 365 days lapsed. But then I woke up!

Do you think they would consider looking at a PIP report? I was recently awarded enhanced rate for both daily living & mobility & although the criteria is different I didn’t know if it was worth me asking them?

Many Thanks

More
2 years 5 months ago #265723 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESACB Ending 365 day limit
Hi Fuzzy

The government has confirmed that the DWP is continuing to prioritise work capability assessments (WCAs) for contributory employment and support allowance (ESA) claims 'that have exhausted or are at risk of exhausting'.

Responding to a written question on what steps the DWP is taking to support claimants whose WCA will not take place before their award of contributory ESA ends - as a result of the time-limited 365-day period of entitlement that is extended only once a WCA has been completed and the claimant is found to have limited capability for work and work-related activity (LCWRA) - Chloe Smith, Minister for Disabled People

Ms Smith added that claimants whose award ends before they have had a WCA should continue to supply medical evidence (such as fit notes) to ensure that their claim can be reinstated if they are found to have LCWRA at a future assessment.

Ms Smith’s written answer is available from parliament.uk questions-statements.parliament.uk/writt...ail/2021-10-28/65452

I see no harm in sending your PIP report, a few questions do cross over but the majority of the descriptors are different.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fuzzy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.