× Members

Mandatory reconsideration

More
2 years 5 months ago #265621 by Julie
Mandatory reconsideration was created by Julie
Hi, I have just posted my MR off to DWP.
When my report from my assessment came I was in told shock & angry from what the HP had wrote in it.
There was lots of inconsistencies, varying from my explanation to her questions to the exercises I was asked to do! Apparently I could crouch & bend my knees which isn’t true! I also attended alone, which again is untrue, my son accompanied me as don’t go out alone. There are quiet a few that things that are not true
I have pointed out the inconsistencies in the report and also my son has also wrote a letter explaining the help that I have from him & my elder daughter. Also he had pointed out the inconsistencies within the report. I have also provided evidence of my clinic appointments.
Has anyone had a decision overturned on MR?
Thank-you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265631 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Hi Julie

Some of our members certainly have had their award reviewed favourably at the MR stage and I hope someone will come and answer you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265636 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Mandatory reconsideration

Hi, I have just posted my MR off to DWP.
When my report from my assessment came I was in told shock & angry from what the HP had wrote in it.
There was lots of inconsistencies, varying from my explanation to her questions to the exercises I was asked to do! Apparently I could crouch & bend my knees which isn’t true! I also attended alone, which again is untrue, my son accompanied me as don’t go out alone. There are quiet a few that things that are not true
I have pointed out the inconsistencies in the report and also my son has also wrote a letter explaining the help that I have from him & my elder daughter. Also he had pointed out the inconsistencies within the report. I have also provided evidence of my clinic appointments.
Has anyone had a decision overturned on MR?
Thank-you!

Hi Julie,

I had my PIP decision overturned by an MR just over 3 years ago.. You don't say how many points you scored, but to give you some reassurance; I scored the magic zero.

As for the assessment report, it truly was one of the greatest works of fiction I'd read for a long, long time.

Eveything was copied and pasted, and it was obvious the assessor didn't know what they were talking about.

So I put them right, as you have done, and rewrote the ending - which turned out to have a nice twist - as I scored 23 points and eventually had my original award reinstated.

I love a happy ending and I really hope yours is too. Judging from what you have written in your post, I see no reason to think that you won't be successful.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Kind regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary, LL26, Julie

More
2 years 5 months ago #265930 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Wow well done!! Thank you for the reply!
I’m still waiting for dwp acknowledge my MR. It will be 2 weeks since they received it. Not heard nothing as yet & not received any phone call.
I received 4 points for daily living and 4 points for mobility.
Julie

More
2 years 5 months ago #265978 by Katherine
Replied by Katherine on topic Mandatory reconsideration
hi julie , i hope you hear about your MR soon , if you do not hear anything from the DWP regarding your MR soon give then a call and see if they can update you .
wishing you all the best and hope you get a positive result and get what you are entitled too.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julie

More
2 years 5 months ago #265988 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Mandatory reconsideration

Wow well done!! Thank you for the reply!
I’m still waiting for dwp acknowledge my MR. It will be 2 weeks since they received it. Not heard nothing as yet & not received any phone call.
I received 4 points for daily living and 4 points for mobility.
Julie

Hi Julie,

If you scored 4 points ror each component, then although it doesn't get you an award, it does show the assessor at least acknowledges that you do have some difficulties.

As I said in my previous post, I went from zero points to getting the higher rate mobilty and lower daily living, so you have an advantage in that respect. Hopefully you will have convinced the decision maker that the assessor didn't fully understand how much your difficulties affected you.

I wish you all the best and please keep us informed on your journey.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Julie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.