× Members

PIP mobility Mental Health

More
2 years 5 months ago #265740 by gaz111
PIP mobility Mental Health was created by gaz111
Hello,

I didn’t receive any award for pip mobility on mental health grounds when I applied in 2015 ( just daily living and 4 points for mobility on prompting). I renewed again in late 2020 which gave the same award. I didn’t challenge as was scared I’d lose the lot and have to go through a lengthy appeals process.

I do think I am entitled to the standard rate of mobility and I’ve had no letter regarding the leap review so I was wondering how I’d go about asking for it to be looked at again? And if I should or not? Would I have to fill a new form out or could I just write them a letter?

I was looking at the prompting descriptor which I got the points for and promoting alone does not take the distress away of how I feel when I’m making journeys. I would always feel better travelling with another person, especially to new places.

I’ve still got another 4 years of award to go before the next review so not sure wether to apply now or just leave it? I don’t want to risk losing my award or having to fill the whole form out again when I’ve just done it. I don’t want to start from scratch.

Any advice?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265784 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP mobility Mental Health
Hi gaz111

Lots of forum members have not received a leap review letter, so you are not alone. The Government have stated that they have over 340,000 claims to review. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4447-340-...ents-of-up-to-16-000
We cannot advise you whether or not to ask for it to be looked at again, that has to be your decision, we have come across a few posts where members have contacted DWP about the LEAP review only to find that DWP have sent them a review form.

Did you read our guides when you completed your PIP form? did you contact DWP and ask for a copy of the assessors report? that is the first place to start from before you make any decision, contact DWP and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.