× Members

PIP Renewal

More
2 years 5 months ago #265744 by claresturgeon
PIP Renewal was created by claresturgeon
Hi

I am wondering if anyone could clarify please. Are PIP Review forms sent out 12 months before your award ends or is it 6 months? My PIP review is due for review in December 2022 as stated in my orginial award letter but I'm wondering if I will receive my review form this December a year before or will I receive it 6 months before the award ends? I did receive a letter earlier this year that it was being extended to 2023 due to the pandemic.

I'm so confused/

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Yogi Bear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265761 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic PIP Renewal
Hi Yogi Bear. PIP forma were being sent out up to a year before pre-covid but now they are 6-12 months depending on area. If you have an extension your form could be sent out whenever really though.

Best way to prepare is to have all your paperwork ready then you can just update it when form comes.
Your patient summary and medical notes from GP, picking out anything relevant and useful from notes and making sure the patient summary has correct illnesses. Any other relevant letters you have that are dated from past 3 years or
so.
Letters from people who know you about your needs and a two day diary mentioning your difficulties regarding care and mobility needs.

greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265764 by claresturgeon
Replied by claresturgeon on topic PIP Renewal
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. I was told they would send out renewal forms 12 months beforehand then I was told it had changed to 6 months beforehand. I will have my paperwork prepared in readiness.

Yogi Bear

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.