× Members

ESA CB for over 20 years

More
2 years 5 months ago #265751 by dwpidiots
ESA CB for over 20 years was created by dwpidiots
I have MS and have been on ESA contributions based since 1997! Is this right as everywhere I look it says there is a 365 day limit? Reluctant to ask DWP as do not really want a review and kind of think it is best not to rock the boat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265752 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic ESA CB for over 20 years
Hi Airheadange,
Several years ago DWP changed the rules about ESAcb. This introduced the 365 day time limit, however this only applies to people who are NOT in the support group. Support Group people can continue to receive ESAcb for as long as they have sufficient illness or disability to qualify.
Presumably you are in the Support Group?
Hence it is perfectly legal for you to have been on ESAcb for the length of time that you state.
I assume that you either have other income, eg a pension or a partner that earns? If you haven't had a benefit review for a while, it is worth while contacting a local advice centre to check your entitlement to see if you are getting everything that you might be entitled to receive. Here's a link in case you want to check.
www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...E7BgEPArJdb0IUlc2MGZ
I hope this helps.
LL26
Ps if you are in Support Group then best not to rock the boat. If you aren't in Suppirt Group, since you have been on benefit for such a long time you may be subject to a historical exemption. Please get back to the forum and we might be able to check before you contact DWP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dwpidiots

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.