× Members

Appealing the Mandatory

More
2 years 5 months ago #265768 by jewells
Appealing the Mandatory was created by jewells
Please help my daughter has suffered many years with ME/CFS and received PIP/DLA now after being refused the Mandatory decision
I just need some reassurance and help . Her GP isn’t the best for guidance either . I have a month to appeal to a tribunal need some help and reassurance please she was receiving PIP it’s all just stopped 1 st letter was no then second letter was no but in the letter stating things we hadn’t even said they just presume everything

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265770 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Appealing the Mandatory
Hi Jewells

I'm sorry this has happened to your daughter. I would advise that you look at our guide to putting in PIP appeals because this will help you through every stage of the process and give you an idea of how you should tackle it. Before you put in for your daughter's Mandatory Reconsideration did you get hold of the Assessor's report - (PA4)? If you don't have this - you need it because it will give you more details of why your daughter was turned down. You can ring the DWP at any time and request it.

After that, you need to go through each question where she didn't score points and counter what they have said with your own evidence. People with long-term chronic pain conditions like ME/CFS often find themselves up against professionals who have little understanding. Have a look at the guide and then if you have any specific questions come back and ask us. Be aware that it may take 12 months for your appeal to be heard.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.