× Members

post office mislaid recorded delivery pip form

More
2 years 5 months ago #265799 by lianna
Hi, I sent my pip review form recorded delivery (thank God). It was supposed to have been recieved by the 7th which was a Sunday. I had a letter yesterday, dated 8th saying my benefits would be stopped as they hadn't received the form. When I checked online it was still in the system. My friend called them and basically they said oh we'll reveiw our decision. I gave them the tracking info so surely they can't stop my money for something that wasn't my fault???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265804 by Gary
Hi lianna

They should not stop your claim, if they do then ask for a MR as you can prove they had the information before the cut off date.

This is why we advise all claimants whenever you write to the DWP, send it by recorded delivery for peace of mind.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265810 by Rob1
I always send my ESA/PIP review "bundles" by 1st Class Special Delivery by 1pm next day.
I regard the documents I send as personal and have a financial value. Thankfully never had a problem sending documents this way.
Yes, it is quite expensive given the weight of the item, but hopefully lessens the chances of things going "astray" and could possibly save a lot of stress further into the process of a review.
Kind Regards.
Rob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #265814 by LL26
Hi liana,
To follow up on your problem about lost mail. Recently I had a similar problem. I sent a client's PIP renewal form by signed post. I posted the envelope on a Saturday so wasn't sure that guaranteed next day delivery would work, so I used 1st Class signed for.
Client hadn't heard anything for a while so I checked the Royal Mail tracking and it said it hadn't been delivered. I phoned the helpline and the advisor said that because DWP get bulk deliveries they don't always sign for everything. Luckily when I finally contacted DWP they had got the form and it was just their delays causing the slow response.
I was told I could claim back the cost of postage since it wasn't properly tracked etc. However this gives no protection when forms etc aren't delivered, and benefit claims are therefore discontinued. I was told by the Royal Mail advisor that you can pay extra to get insurance for not just the sent article, (which for a form itself is a few pence worth of photocopying,) but for consequential loss, ie loss of PIP award if the claim is stopped through lack of form, which might include SDP etc if appropriate. However this was never explained to me at the Post Office and would also cost quite a lot of money. Of course keeping a copy of the PIP form means it could easily be reproduced if the original form is lost, but doesn't necessarily stop problems with DWP.
Another issue is if forms are lost then then a lot of very personal information is also out and about somewhere.
It would be interesting to see whether other B&W members have had problems with Royal Mail.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #265821 by phrank

I always send my ESA/PIP review "bundles" by 1st Class Special Delivery by 1pm next day.
I regard the documents I send as personal and have a financial value. Thankfully never had a problem sending documents this way.
Yes, it is quite expensive given the weight of the item, but hopefully lessens the chances of things going "astray" and could possibly save a lot of stress further into the process of a review.
Kind Regards.
Rob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

More
2 years 5 months ago #265824 by Rob1
Hi LL26,
If you post Guaranteed Next Day on a Saturday it would be Delivered to the DWP the next working day which would be on the Monday, so your instinct was correct.
(I don't think DWP work Sundays)
Kind Regards,
Rob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.