× Members

Capita and recording a telephone assessment

More
2 years 5 months ago #265801 by AliW
Hi,

I've read that Capita are not recording their telephone assessments. Has anyone else read this or been able to successfully have their assessment recorded?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265806 by Gary
Hi AliW

I did hear that Capita were waiting for equipment before offering recorded assessments.

We have heard from numerous members who have successfully had their assessment recorded.

You can legally record a telephone call without informing the other party providing the recording is being made for your personal use. In fact, do not tell the assessor that they are being recorded as they will likely terminate the assessment.

If you are using a smartphone then there are apps that will do this for you.

If you are using a landline and can put the call on speakerphone then you can record it using either a smartphone or some other recording device,

If it's a landline but you cannot put it on speakerphone then you will need a special microphone that attaches to the earpiece.

If you want to use Capita/IAS's facilities then you need to give them notice which may delay your assessment.

Whatever happens, the DWP should be willing to extend your claim to allow an assessment to be done.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #266188 by AliW
Thanks Gary. I did contact them and ask for the call to be recorded. I was told that there was nobody with the equipment available, so my appointment was cancelled. They said they'd reappoint me as soon as they could. That was on the 16th November and I'm still waiting.

I've got some changes to let them know about so hopefully that will job their memory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.