× Members

PIP app without filling in form

More
2 years 5 months ago #265812 by Stefanie
PIP app without filling in form was created by Stefanie
Hi all

I posted the other week because I thought the DWP had confused my UC application with PIP. Basically, I've been receiving UC since July, been supplying fit notes since then, and am waiting for my LCW assessment. I had a letter from Capita, who I thought dealt with the LCW assessments in my area too, referring to my telephone assessment for PIP. I thought they'd just got it mixed up and thought nothing of it (stupidly). Had my phone assessment, it all went fine, and that was that.

I've just rang UC though and been told that I'm still in a queue for my LCW assessment. I did actually make the phonecall for PIP back in July but as my mental health was so bad at the time, I was totally overwhelmed by the form and didn't complete it. I assumed my application would have been closed and planned to apply again when I felt more up to it.

So it seems like I've had a PIP assessment without actually ever having filled out the form. Obviously this is less than ideal, I was answering the questions based on my UC50 form, if I had known it was for PIP I would have given much more detail in my answers. I'm currently on hold with PIP as I type this to see what's going on. If I can somehow still submit my form to go along with the phone assessment then I won't mind as much, it's just bizarre to me that they would go ahead with an application without the form even being completed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265813 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP app without filling in form
Hi Stefanie,
I am aware of other instances where assessments have happened where there is no form! A lot of the time the information in the Claimant's form is ignored by the assessors so you may not be at any great disadvantage.
Make sure you ask for a copy of the PA4 which is the name for the assessor's report.
Obviously everyone here is hoping that your PIP will be successful. If not, you can go through the report and use that to help you formulate your Mandatory Reconsideration letter.
Good luck.
Let us know how you get on.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #265820 by R_
Replied by R_ on topic PIP app without filling in form
This should be standard procedure.

The paragraph below is taken from the PIP assessment guide part 1: the assessment process

1.1.7 If the claimant questionnaire is not returned and the claimant has been identified as having a mental or cognitive impairment, the claim will be referred directly to the AP for assessment. If the individual is claiming under the special rules for terminal illness (SRTI), the case is instead referred directly to the AP and dealt with as a priority.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.