× Members

Does Rent Increase Force Switch from ESA to UC?

More
2 years 5 months ago #265854 by TrueDefective
My private landlord is increasing the rent for the next tenancy agreement. My original tenancy started 20 years ago in this flat. I am on IR-ESA and HB.

Under legislation as it stands to date, will this change of circumstances mean my council will try to force me onto UC from IR-ESA & HB? A new tenancy is only when you move into a new flat, correct?

Many thanks.

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265876 by Gary
Hi TrueDefective

Your question is outside the remit of the forum.

Providing you stay within the same local authority a rent increase will not trigger a change of circumstances. If you have any issues concerning private rents then contact Shelter Advice line: 0808 800 4444

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrueDefective

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.