× Members

Esa Contribution based advice on moving house

More
2 years 5 months ago #265858 by mrbluesky57
Hi, and sorry if this has been covered. Been a member for many years and learnt Alot, especially from Gordon, true hero.We are moving house hopefully soon. Staying in the same council area. I get PIP hich I know is OK, just change of address.
Im get ESA Contribution Based and been in support group for a fair while. Luckily not too far from state Pension.
Will my move trigger my ESA, and having to fight for UC? Or is it just a change of address phone call. I've been given conflicting advice. I know the only answer will be hopefully from Gordon or anyone else can advise. Cannot thank you enough and apologise if this has been covered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265877 by Gary
Hi mrbluesky57

I think many of us learnt a lot from Gordon who retired as a Mod this time last year, although he does drop in time to time to keep us on our toes.

As you are in receipt of CB ESA then it would not matter where you moved, you can stay on legacy benefits. It only becomes an issue when you move local authority and have to claim a housing element, whether in the private sector or social sector.

All you need to do when you move is contact DWP and let them know your new address, the best time to phone is first thing in the morning.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265887 by mrbluesky57
Replied by mrbluesky57 on topic Esa Contribution based advice on moving house
Gary, cannot thank you enough. Looks like you've took over from Gordon. I must have been on this site for at least nearly 10yrs. Gordon gave me so much advice and so much of his time. Please pass on my thanks to him. It looks like you are similar to Gordon. Caring and knowledgeable, you are very much appreciated. Thank you for the advice, will rest if I make it to state pension age. Thank you to all who keep this great site going. With all your help I've been very fortunate. Many more now more than ever need your help. A big thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #265888 by Gary
Hi mrbluesky57

Thank you for your kind words.

I am sure that Gordon in his spare time will read your thanks.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrbluesky57

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.