× Members

pip review just received forms

More
2 years 5 months ago #265860 by Heffy
pip review just received forms was created by Heffy
Hi. Ive just received my PIP review form in the post. Its dated 11 November so I have lost 8 days already. Due in December 11. Can I request a months extension to take me over Christmas and New Year? Also its a very basic review form so how much of the original detail and paperwork should I send and how much new detail should I include?. Sorry if a lot of this has been asked before. I have deteriorated in the six years since my change over from DLA to PIP but I lost my mobility money in that process but did receive high rate care then up from middle rate with DLA. I should have received both at the higher rate and still should now. Thank you.for your help. Im so stressed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #265878 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip review just received forms
Hi Heffy

Many menbers here on the forum have had a drop in their claim when changing over from DLA to PIP. One of the first things is to understand the difference between DLA and PIP.

DLA looks at generic care needs in regard to bodily functions, PIP looks at the claimants specific ability to carry out an activity such as eating. DLA was awarded because the claimant needed an amounOt of care (in time) during the day, the night or both, to help them with that bodily function.

If you follow the link below it will tell you what you need to know about completing the PIP review.
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...ip-award-review-form

Our PIP Claim guide covers completing the AR1 Review form (1043 Review), remember, whatever the form says you are being assessed against the same criteria as before.

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the AR1, just make sure that each page has your full name and NINo at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X. If there has been no change in your circumstances tick the relevant box and then write below please see page ‘x’ of ‘y’, you do need to explain your condition even if it has not changed. If your condition has changed, then tick the relevant box and explain what has changed and how it affects you.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #265892 by Heffy
Replied by Heffy on topic pip review just received forms
Thanks for that. Really helps. But can you say if its ok to ask for the extension as I will need more time and also that that wont go against me.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #265896 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic pip review just received forms
Hi Heffy,
There is no automatic right to an extension of time, however, if you phone DWP and explain that you are struggling to complete the form. Hopefully DWP will agree. You can but try! I doubt very much that if you are granted an extension that this will cause any difficulties.
Make sure that you keep a note of the call, the time and name of. the adviser. Keep the note safe with all your DWP papers.
Good luck.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by LL26. Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heffy

More
2 years 3 months ago #266594 by Heffy
Replied by Heffy on topic pip review just received forms
A very big thank you to you all. I have received in the post today my PIP review decision. I am now in receipt of enhanced daily and mobility as an ongoing award. I havent waited too long for a decision as I posted it to them at the beginning of December and I havent had to have a telephone or face to face assessment. Thank you so much. Its a huge relief for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gaddy

More
2 years 3 months ago #266635 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic pip review just received forms
Hi Heffy

So delighted to hear about your award after your review. Many congratulations. A long wait but worth it!

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW

The following user(s) said Thank You: Heffy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.