× Members

assessment

More
2 years 5 months ago #265886 by richmond
assessment was created by richmond
Dear Benefits and work
can you please advise if possible as my mental health is in a terrible way, I have filled out a pip 2 review form, they received it around the 6th July, I had a lot of evidence and new letters for various hospitals, I am still waiting as I have been told due to the new evidence it has been sent to the assessment team, they told me I should call them, I am very worried as last time i called them they called me in for a medical, do you advise me call them or just keep waiting for a decision from them and let them contact me? I dont want to push them in to giving me a medical. Thank you in advance stressed out sam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265913 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic assessment
Hi Sam

I'm sorry that you are struggling with your mental health, but I can't tell you what to do here. Only you know what you can cope with. If it would cause you increased stress to call them, then you will have to wait. However, if not knowing is causing you greater stress then you should try and call them. I can't say whether or not you would be called for a medical because we are not party to the inner workings of the DWP or what stage your claim is at with the assessment team. Is there anyone who could call on your behalf? Sorry I can't be more helpful.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: richmond

More
2 years 5 months ago #265919 by denby
Replied by denby on topic assessment
Dear Sam, I would have someone call for you so they cannot say because you called yourself that you can cope with a phone medical. The caller needs your full name, date of birth, NI No etc to hand when they call, first thing in the morning is less wait generally, and best to have something to do eg puzzle, colouring while waiting.
They should tell DWP that you need a paper based assessment due to Overwhelming Psychological Distress. I put capitals as these are 'special' words for DWP, if they are in any of the letters, the caller should draw their attention to this. They can also point out that the lengthy delay is making your mental state even worse.
Best wishes,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: richmond

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.