× Members

pip/esa?

More
2 years 5 months ago #265903 by elle
pip/esa? was created by elle
would any mod know if a 4 figure one year backdate pip award from the tribunal {last week} (tribunal increased el without me asking, and gave higher mob )
would trigger the esa/ir people to stop my usual fortnightly payment ? (maybe through spite, or the computer says so, or they gona pull a fast one to stop the esa ) (i may not of articulated the ? properly)

thanks for anyhelp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265934 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic pip/esa?
Hi ccc,
Well done for your tribunal win!
Backdated PIP awards shouldn't affect your income related ESA.
If you live alone (ie with no other adult) getting at least standard rate daily living PIP, without a carer claiming Carer’s Allowance, then you may be eligible for severe disability premium or SDP. Alternatively if you have a live in partner who also gets PIP daily living or at least mid rate care DLA, and neither of you have anyone claiming Carer’s Allowance for looking after you, you can also get SDP. If you are eligible for SDP this should also be backdated to when PIP is payable. You may also be able to get SDP for Housing Benefit, which might increase your HB payable if you are not on the maximum. So if you are eligible for SDP, it may be an idea to phone your local council as well as DWP.

If someone has been caring for you and unable to earn money as a result, then instead of an SDP your carer if eligible could claim Carer’s Allowance, which can also be backdated to your PIP start or later if caring started later.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: elle

More
2 years 5 months ago #265944 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic pip/esa?
Congrats on the win!!! PIP is not counted as ‘income’ in any calculations regarding benefits of any kind. You will be fine :-)
Re: Savings, if the back-payment is OVER 5K, it is not counted as savings during the lifetime of the claim (PIP, including future awards) (SDP whilst receiving ESA, but then this continues into UC/ Pension Credit). In short, you’re fine.
If it is UNDER 5K, you are fine as long as you remain under the 6K savings limit *though any backpay you receive is NOT included in this savings limit for 12 months* even the DWP aren’t THAT cruel x
Hope that’s clear. I have investigated all this myself so know first hand.
Remember: Treat yourself. You deserve it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elle

More
2 years 5 months ago #266003 by elle
Replied by elle on topic pip/esa?
i forgot to put what it was is the esa people stopped the next drop that was due.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.