× Members

Sudden message and call from DWP

More
2 years 5 months ago #265929 by Miriam
Sudden message and call from DWP was created by Miriam
Hi there,

I had a sudden message on my journal today telling me about having my UC health questionnaire in the following half an hour and then a call, which i did not answer. I asked him to give me at least a couple of days in the future. I've read your guidelines and understand that this should be possible although not if it is the assessor to ask for more evidence.

The person left a message asking me to tell him if it was ok to call tomorrow at the same time or to tell him when it was suitable for me. His message said that my request to have my UC assessment not being done facet-to-face had been approved (This is about the assessment that I was about to have just before the first confinement, which in the end never took place) and that I still had to do the health questionnaire again and that it would take an hour, before doing the assessment, and that we can arrange having the assessment done over the phone tomorrow too.

I asked him to call me tomorrow but I am a bit shocked about having to do the health questionnaire in an hour over the phone. I have only just done the PIP form and it took me over 3 weeks with health so is it possible that the DWP expects anyone to do this in one hour?

I feeling really distressed about the idea, because I won't be able to have the mental clarity and concentration to really do such a thing in a helpful way, which could have serious consequences. I suffer from anxiety , which is only one of the reason why I am finding really difficult to deal with this.

I asked him a few questions but all he politely answered was basically 'Speak to you tomorrow.' It's tempting to have it done quickly but not if it is going to have a regrettable repercussion. Any advice? If I don't feel capable maybe I should ask for a paper?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265964 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Sudden message and call from DWP
Hi Miriam

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

- Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, tick them as you cover them during the assessment.
- have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name, date, time
- make sure you are seated in a comfortable chair, you are going to be there a while and at table to make notes
- if you can't hear or understand what is being asked then ask them to repeat the question
- don’t let the assessor rush you and get you flustered.
- don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!

Let us know how you get on, make a note of the time it started and when it ends

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.