× Members

Can not award pip

More
2 years 5 months ago #265946 by dinsdale
Can not award pip was created by dinsdale
Hi wonder if anyone could be so kind as to advise on the following 2 question's please
There are a lot of helpful guidance member only, which one is best suited for the mandatory appeal for a failed PIP application
Do I need to use the CRMR1 form or can I use the handwritten template provided
Many thanks for your time and help with my query

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265949 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Can not award pip
Hi dinsdale

In reply to your questions:

1) I always use the latest guide as the back office brings the guide up to date with any relevant changes, the latest issue is dated September 2021 www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/?dlp=619cf07e2f465. There are a few guides on MR, they all hold useful information

2) You do not need to usethe CRMR1 form to apply for a MR, there is a sample letter in the members only section under MR. I prefer to use a CRMR1 form as I like the layout, you can add extra pages to the form, make sure you number the extra pages.

Don't forget to send the MR application to the DWP by recorded delivery.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265953 by dinsdale
Replied by dinsdale on topic Can not award pip
Many thanks Gary for your advice :-)

More
2 years 5 months ago #265955 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Can not award pip
Hi dinsdale,

For my last MR, I simply wrote a covering letter clearly explaining that it was indeed an MR. ( I phoned the PIP helpline to initiate the process first)

I attached it to other relevant pieces of information arguing against where I believed the assessor had misinformed the decision maker.

It was all hand written on sheets of plain A4 paper with the wording written at the top of each page stating it was Mandatory Reconsideration with the date 01/02 / 20XX, my name and NI number and my phone number.

I also incuded the descriptors which I believed I should have scored points on and said how many points I would have scored if the assessor had done their job properly.

Nothing fancy; just to the point and I won.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.