× Members

Universal Credit and being a disabled student

More
2 years 4 months ago #266007 by crabbycrabby
Universal Credit and being a disabled student was created by crabbycrabby
Hello!

I am on UC (LCW) and PIP. I am currently a part time biology student. I have tried to study a herbalism foundation course alongside this course but have been unable to find the time to do so. I have realised that my heart is not in the biology course however and I believe I'd like to move over to studying herbalism.

I am wondering about withdrawing from my biology studies at the end of the academic year.

This would mean that from June - January 2023 I am studying the herbalism foundation which is an online course.

Does anybody know what this would mean for my UC? I am not currently chased for work related activity because I am studying. Will I start to be chased for work related activity as soon as the foundation course ends? Will it be considered 'proper study' because it's not with a university?

Ideally I would begin the herbalism professional course in 2023. In the gap between January 2023 - September 2023, will I be expected to perform work related activity tasks? What would that mean?

Thank you so much !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266045 by Gary
Hi Izzy

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Unfortunately your question is outside the remit of the forum.

We did have a similar question this week on the forum which had some useful answers from forum members.

You need to contact NUS or Student advice centre where you are studying for more one on one accurate advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.