× Members

DWP 22/23 benefits will be 3.1% for All Benefits.

• ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago #266009 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
DWP 22/23 benefits will be 3.1% for All Benefits. was created by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
The new 22/23 benefits will be 3.1% for All other benefits will also be increased in line with CPI of 3.1%. This includes working-age benefits, benefits to help with additional needs arising from disability, carers’ benefits,premiums

www.gov.uk/government/news/state-pension...22-to-2023-confirmed

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Misty, TheHud, BIS, Gaddy, Angel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #266017 by denby
.... and I've already heard forecasts of 4%+ so that'll be another real terms cut if accurate, then...
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheHud, Gary

More
2 years 4 months ago #266032 by TheHud
There is also the hidden decreases.
For example the £85 permitted amount for occupational pensions before you start to have ESA reduced. That amount has not kept place with inflation, as far as I can see it's not changed for at least 7 years. So every tiny increase in small pensions over the £85 limit, gets hoovered up by a 50% reduction, of that amount, from your ESA contribution based entitlement. Basically devaluing the benefit of taking your occupational pension early to support yourself.

One way to gradually erode legacy benefits. Totally counter productive because it will end up with people on tiny pensions applying for income support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar, denby

• ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #266037 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic DWP 22/23 benefits will be 3.1% for All Benefits.
Yes it may have gone up 3.1% But in real terms it's all still a cut with all the increases in fuel, food and everything else? These rates are only within the 1990s rates.

Here is the full list of all the benefit increases from DLA,PIP, PIP and everything else. It gives the complete breakdown.

See here assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...-rates-2022-2023.pdf

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

More
2 years 4 months ago #266055 by Angel
Hi TheHud, If you are on ESA (IR & CB) you lose ALL your pension (ie. you receive less ESA to the equivalent amount). Even though the IR bit (in my case) is Premiums because of severe disability. But if you are well enough to work (permitted work) you can keep up to £143.
Equality Act anyone???? In the realms of which universe is this at all fair?? If you have had a lifetime of illness/ disability and consequently teeny weeny pensions, you are ******.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.