× Members

Mr pip

More
2 years 5 months ago #266010 by cdcrossy
Mr pip was created by cdcrossy
Hi everyone just a quick one I was on standard care and enhanced mobility for past 6 yrs then had a phone call assessment and then now I’m knocked back down to standard both basically need the car or I’ve got no legs the person on the phone has basically said stuff the wrong way but I got cater to ring up and do me and also filled in the form online and sent that in with new medication and new problems report how long does it take to get an answer as I’m worrying myself to death.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #266046 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Mr pip
Hi cdcrossy

From your post I believe you are saying that the decision maker has only awarded you standard award for both components and that have applied for a mandatory reconsideration.

Have you applied for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4?

In answer to your question how long a MR takes, it varies across the regions, it usually takes between 6 - 8 weeks but we have heard from members of MR's taking a few weeks to taking many months.

Sorry, cannot give you a more precise time line especiall since Covid.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #266061 by cdcrossy
Replied by cdcrossy on topic Mr pip
thanks gary for the reply and your right yes i was on enhanced mobility and have had a car for nearly 7 years and standard for care i also live alone and have 5 children i see etc and the car is a must for me i got 10 points for mobility and 0 for planning a journey. i was asked did i go out and i said yes to the shops in the car at the end of the street and that i go with my carer the lies told on the decision itself im shocked with also i have just been diagnosed with server sleep apnea and high blood pressure then this came motability have told me i can keep the car until the mr comes back but if not in my favour it has to go back i got a grant to get my new car as i need 7 seats which i ordered and is now suspended my carer stated in the mr form she takes me the shops and it was made out i take myself as it is just a shop not supermarket and i go the school once or twice a week but just as a passenger so i can see the kids go off the assessor made out i took them to school i wish i did but now i have sent the new info for sleep apnea and blood pressure as well as new medication as evidence to add to mr but now i'm thinking do i send a letter also and my past medical evidence as i do not go the consultants anymore as they tell me i'm on the highest pain treatment. thanks feww long story. sorry i also have to have a wash room fitted in my house and a stair lift. any help will be much appreciated as i'm totally freaked out by this.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266070 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mr pip
Hi cdcrossy

You say in your post that you have recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure and sleep apnea, but give no indication of how recent that might be. The DWP will only consider issues that you have had three months prior to when you filled in the review form and that are reasonably expected to continue for another nine months after that date. I only say that to warn you that if this is 'new' information it may not be taken into account for your mandatory reconsideration if the assessor was unaware of any pending issues at the time.

If you think there is any information that they are not considering for your MR and you want to send in any old evidence to highlight the difficulties you have, there is nothing to stop you from sending in additional information. Just do it as soon as you can, because there have been delays in processing information sent in by claimants.

I assume that you have got hold of the assessor report and been through every point so you have queried any of the criteria where you did not score points where you think you should have done.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #266089 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Mr pip
Two things cdcrossy, I suggest you try keeping a diary for say a couple of weeks noting all your difficulties including how long it takes you to achieve descriptor items, the state you are in after, eg could you do the activity again as often as reasonably required etc as per the guides on here. DWP take a lot of notice of diaries in our daughter's experience. I did the last one about her by going through my phone.
Also if you pay council tax, have you asked for a discount? we got a band lower to pay because we had a downstairs shower with raised toilet put for my husband.
Best wishes,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.