× Members

Can I reclaim partial vehicle tax?

More
2 years 4 months ago #266048 by Jo Rose
Can I reclaim partial vehicle tax? was created by Jo Rose
Hi guys, my PIP award went from enhanced to standard so I am no longer eligible for full tax exemption, I have been & still are struggling with everyday life since the liss of my Mum - 11 month ago (COVID SUCKS) then my Nan - 2 month ago
Anyways I just paid full coz post office bloke said to claim back off dvla but I have no idea how to do that.....
Can anyone help me please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266049 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic Can I reclaim partial vehicle tax?
Hi Jo Rose, you can write to DVLA with proof of PIP AWARD, car details and receipt of tax amount paid for a refund, if you think you may be entitled to one.
The address is:
DVLA
SWANSEA
SA99 1BA

Hope this helps

greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #266054 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Can I reclaim partial vehicle tax?
Hi,

You can claim 50% reduction.

Vehicle tax reduction
Eligibility

You can get a 50% reduction in vehicle tax if you get the PIP standard rate mobility component.

The vehicle should be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name.

See here www.gov.uk/financial-help-disabled/vehicles-and-transport

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 3 months ago #266063 by Natalie
Replied by Natalie on topic Can I reclaim partial vehicle tax?
Is that 50% tax all standard rate mobility or just moving around bit? Hope that makes sense. I get it for mental health the f one.

More
2 years 3 months ago #266085 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Can I reclaim partial vehicle tax?
Hi Natalie

If you receive the standard rate mobility component of PIP, you will be entitled to a 50% discount off your vehicle tax. www.gov.uk/financial-help-disabled/vehicles-and-transport

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 3 months ago #266090 by Natalie
Replied by Natalie on topic Can I reclaim partial vehicle tax?
Oh thank you I didn’t know that.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.