× Members

PIP Award Review and request for phone number

More
2 years 4 months ago #266050 by Jane 21
The review form is asking for a telephone number so that they can call if needed. Should I fill this in. I am a carer and completing form for my disabled daughter. She would not be able to communicate and I don't answer calls if I do not know who they are.

Note the Review form no longer has a section where you declare that you are the person filling out the form for the claimant. I will add this on extra info as you have previously advised. When my daughter signs the declaration should I do the same or just leave it in the extra info that I completed the form on her behalf and read it to her and she agreed to the contents?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266051 by Gary
Hi Jane

Only you can answer the question about adding a phone number, we do have members on the forum who do not give out their phone number from DWP.

I would add that you completed the form on behalf of your daughter and explain why, also enclude that you have read what has been written to your daughter and that she agrees with the content. I always add it in the extra info, next to your daughters signature write see extra information.

Do you have power of attorney? if you do then inform that you have POA.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

More
2 years 4 months ago #266053 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic PIP Award Review and request for phone number
Hi Jane, I can add to what Gary has said regarding a giving the DWP a phone number, I only ever gave them one on my first ever claim?

But now I don't ever give it to them the DWP as it's an easier way to get hold of you and with the lies over these calls, and I prefer everything in writing, I certainly would not ever engage in any telephone assessments? In my case I always state on all my forms that you the DWP have all my medical etc information I will NOT keep going on keep repeating myself over and over again?

Touch wood ever since my first face to face I've always been reassessed on papers only.

Like Gary has said and I agree it's only you that can make that decision... good luck in whatever you do.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, denby, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.