× Members

Applying for pip for sleep apnoea

More
2 years 4 months ago #266057 by Lynsey
Applying for pip for sleep apnoea was created by Lynsey
Hi I have severe sleep apnoea fibromyalgia and kidney transplant and my bladder rebuilt I would like to claim for pip as my health has deteriorated last time I claimed I did not have sleep apnoea the women at my interview was awful she took how I was feeling baby the way I looked and was not in pain etc if anyone has claimed for these conditions I would appreciate some help I understand it’s not about the condition and what I can and can’t do thx for ahh help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266060 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Applying for pip for sleep apnoea
Hi Lynsey

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You are correct when you say that PIP is not about your condition/disability.

We do have a PIP self tester: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-indep...nt-pip/pip-self-test, it does not give a definite answer but will give you an idea if you should be eligible.

We have a very comprehensive PIP guide. If you look through that, it will give you some idea on how you might answer questions.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip#claims

When you last claimed, were you successful?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynsey

More
2 years 4 months ago #266064 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Applying for pip for sleep apnoea
Hi Lynsey, and sorry to hear how poorly you are.
+ A diary as explained in the Guide is really good evidence for all variable conditions.
+ Please whatever you do, be sure to insist on your assessment being recorded, you must tell the assessment company this in advance. If you possibly can, also record it yourself as backup as they don't like doing it so could tell you they are doing it but then 'lose' the recording. This way if you get another assessor who judges you like you had before, you will be able to get the better of them afterwards.
+ And as soon as either you get a text saying the report has gone in, or 48 hours, whichever is sooner, call asking for them to send you out a copy of the PA4 report. Should you land a nasty on the phone, sweetly end the call and try again, it is your right if you don't live in NI but a waste of time arguing with one of 'those'.
+ If you don't like what you read, you can write in ASAP to coldly put them straight. Address any such letter to 'The Decision Maker' at DWP.
Best wishes, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: ellen1st, Gary, Lynsey

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.