× Members

Underlying entitlement

More
2 years 4 months ago #266075 by bbzpda
Underlying entitlement was created by bbzpda
Hi everyone,

I've not been on here for a while as thankfully DWP have left me alone!

However, now up for a reassessment of my ESA (C) and got a date for a telephone interview.

I have a question though about something called 'underlying entitlement' and wondering if anyone knows the answer. As well as having a lot of mental health issues and therefore getting ESA, I am also a full time carer. I have been awarded Carer's Allowance, but do not receive it, as you can't get the two benefits together and ESA trumps it.

The Carer's is set at what is called 'underlying entitlement'

What I would like to know is whether if my ESA is cancelled (which is now a real risk as I am being re-assessed) then does the Carer's get paid automatically? Or are there some more hoops?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266080 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Underlying entitlement
Hi PDA

If you're ESA was cancelled (and I sincerely hope it won't be) I think you would have to contact Carer's allowance to inform them of the change, to check they will start paying it. Once they have confirmed there should be no additional hoops to jump through.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bbzpda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.