× Members

Esa

More
2 years 4 months ago #266105 by Cfergie
Esa was created by Cfergie
My friend has moved from Glasgow to Clydebank & has been told her ESA will be changed to universal credit she also receives a disability premium is this right ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266111 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Esa
Hi Cfergie

I am not 100% certain if the rules in England apply to Scotland but fellow mods will put me right if I am wrong.

If you move to a different local authority and you need to claim Housing Benefit, then your friend will need to claim UC. If they don't need to claim help towards their rent then they can stay on IR ESA. If they receive CB ESA then it will make no difference, they just need to report a change of address.

When ever you are talking to an adviser about ESA, you need to tell them which type(s) of ESA they are claiming, at present there are 3 types; IR ESA, CB ESA and NS ESA.

Prior to January this year, any claimant in receipt of a SDP would be exempt from claiming UC, but this is no longer the case, which has caused upset to many claimants.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.