× Members

I won my MR

More
2 years 3 months ago #266507 by Tj45
I won my MR was created by Tj45
Hi everyone
I just wanted to pop on and firstly say hello and thank everyone for all their support over the last few months with PIP and then when I did my MR just before Xmas I received a letter to say that my MR had been successful I decided to only put in for living not mobility at this time (even though I was awarded points for mobility I just didn’t have the fight in me for both) I was just relieved it was over (for now!!) I need some more medical help now that the extra support will help me with as I will be able to seek private help as I feel I am unfortunately not getting the support I need via the NHS. I cannot thank you all enough for the encouragement to even apply as I have put this off for years struggling due to fear of the DWP and to be honest the still scare me and always will. They contacted my GP after my assessment because of what I said in the assessment. However the NHS is so stretched I have had one call and that was that. I wish my life had turned out differently alas here I am just so very grateful I took your advice and applied and stopped hiding in the shadows pretending I wasn’t ‘that’ sick or ‘that’ disabled. So thank you each and every one of you.
One last question. How will I know when my subscription to benefits and work needs renewing please?? Many thanks. Tj x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #266516 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic I won my MR
Hi Tj45

It is so great to hear your good news. It has been a long time coming for you - so many congratulations.

If you click on the How to Subscribe Button and then select subscription history - it will tell you when your current subscription will end.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 3 months ago #266545 by Tj45
Replied by Tj45 on topic I won my MR
Hi BIS
Thank you, I know right. I have waited so long for it all that I think I will be ready for review at the end of this year damn it :(
Thank you for the subscription advice I will go and look now so I know when to renew. I want to make sure I am fully paid up I do not want to be without these pages they the community/members and volunteers such as yourself are way to important/valuable many thanks to you all once again for that little push in the right direction. I still have little pangs though I won’t lie. Its the head space that DWP put you in.
Takecare everyone and I hope everyone who is going through PIP right now is okay and takes all the advice on the pages here as they really do help.
Tj xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

More
2 years 3 months ago #266551 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic I won my MR
Hi Tj45

Thank you for your kind words, some journeys take longer than others, make sure you ask DWP for a copy of the assessors report , if you do not already have a copy.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 3 months ago #266565 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic I won my MR
Well done you, you did this, so be proud of yourself.

Now you can relax and join in helping others with what you have learned, once you have had a well deserved complete break from it all ;)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.