× Members

Backdated benefit

More
2 years 2 months ago #266766 by jedted
Backdated benefit was created by jedted
I was in the work related activity group, and my condition has worsened more recently I reported this to the DWP in July last year I was sent an ESA claim form which I returned with all my evidence I heard nothing , I never received a letter to say it had been received, I rang them in September they confirmed it had been received, I then had to ring in November as I had still not heard nothing they said I would receive a call which I did only to get an apology and they would try to get it sorted, shortly after I received a letter for a telephone medical, which I did and was glad to hear this week that I have been moved into the support group and have received my first payment, my question is am I entitled to any backdated payments to when I reported the change?
Many thanks to all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #266825 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Backdated benefit
Hi jedted

It would depend on how you requested a change of circumstances, if you wrote to the DWP then the date of your letter should be used as the start date for any new award (preferably send request by recorded delivery). If you phoned DWP then it should be from the date of the phone call.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jedted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.