× Members

pip moving around descriptor

More
2 years 2 months ago #266854 by diceman24
pip moving around descriptor was created by diceman24
hello to all. please advise the moving around descriptor would this mean difficulty how far you could you walk indoors or just counts has outside the house thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #266868 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip moving around descriptor
Hi diceman24

Things to think about for your MR in regard the Moving Around activity.

You are not required to walk pain free but any pain that restricts the distance that you can walk should be taken into account.

Specifically for the Moving Around activity, if you are able to walk but you are in severe pain when doing so, then you can argue that your walking is not to a necessary standard and should be disregarded.

The legal test requires you to stand and then move (walk), so if you have problems getting up then you should document these as well.

If you walk slowly then it must take you at least twice the time to cover the distance as a healthy person would, this could be down to the speed of your walking but could also be the result of having to stop.

You must be able to repeat the distance, so if you could walk it once but not then be able to walk it again within a reasonable timescale then you should be classed as unable to repeat the activity.

I'm afraid I can't tell you how to show your walking is more restricted but things you need to think about is what you can't do, for example what can you walk in your house, how far is the toilet from where you normally sit, things that will count against you are any trips that you make outside, so for example, how do you do your shopping?

You must be able to walk the distance you can, reliably and on the majority of days, both these terms are defined in the PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

All descriptors have to be done safely, repeatedly, in a reasonable time and to an acceptable standard. PIP Regulations 2013 - reg.4(2A).

So you need to explain what you can, how you are limited and why.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 2 months ago #266874 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic pip moving around descriptor
If you stay inside, you should meet the ‘less than 10m’ descriptor unless you live in a Mansion. Check the legislation (as well as any guidelines), but I’m sure it is measured as outside on even ground. Remember ‘majority of the time’, and rest and recuperation. Good Luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 2 months ago #266875 by diceman24
Replied by diceman24 on topic pip moving around descriptor
thank you for reply gary so i can only walk to 18 metres b4 needing a wheelchair for any more distance because of pain and fatigue and dizzyness plus muscle weakness for the majority of days would i be entitled for 12 points also i have this has evidence from my consultant from hospital

More
2 years 2 months ago #266877 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip moving around descriptor
Hi diceman24

As you can only walk less than 20 meters then you would come under e; can stand and move more than 1 meter but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points

One of the questions they may ask is, if you need a wheelchair are you able to propel yourself or do you need help in moving your wheelchair, if you need help then why?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 2 months ago #266889 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic pip moving around descriptor

If you stay inside, you should meet the ‘less than 10m’ descriptor unless you live in a Mansion. Check the legislation (as well as any guidelines), but I’m sure it is measured as outside on even ground. Remember ‘majority of the time’, and rest and recuperation. Good Luck.

Meant ‘less than 20m’ doh! Sorry x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Waxwing

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.